ATHY TOWN LIBRARY
|Location||Athy, Co. Kildare|
|Architect||Reddy Architecture & Urbanism|
|Surveyor||Nolan Construction Consultants|
This prestigious project comprised of the conversion of St. Dominic’s Church in Athy to use as a Public Library and associated Facilities and Site Works.
The works included:
- Change of use of the 970m2 Ground Floor of the Protected Structure to Library Hall.
- Extension to the 1st Floor Mezzanine with new heated floor screed.
- Addition of new heated Ground Floor Slab levelling the existing sloped church floor ensuring to protect the existing mosaic flooring.
- Protection of existing joinery and reuse of balustrades and feature doors.
- Alteration and addition to existing steps and ramps.
- Site Works including 22no. Carpark spaces and associated connections to public foul/surface water drainage plus water, power & gas utilities.
Features of this new Library include, Limed Oak Fitted Furniture, Bookcases and Fire Doors throughout, Structural Glass Balustrading to new first floor extension, all Stained Glass refurbished, new Storm Glazing and many more.